Re: Tramp 2.1.9

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp 2.1.9
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:15:25 +0200

Pete Forman <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Pete,

> Your plinkx patch was missing a bit.  I think there should be an entry
> for tramp-set-completion-function in the second (eval-after-load
> "tramp").

I'm aware of this. I haven't done it yet, because I'm still thinking
about how to exploit plinkx at best. One option would be to allow
_only_ PuTTY sessions here, i.e. calling "plink -load sessionname"
(instead of hostname). Consequently, auto-completion would need to
read PuTTY session names from the Windows registry - a new function.

> I was finding it a bit clunky setting the full pathname for my plink
> program.

What about (setenv "PATH" ...) in your .emacs?

> How about adding some customize user options for
> tramp-plink-program, tramp-ssh-program, etc. and setting
> tramp-login-program to those in tramp-methods?

Don't know yet. I need playing :-)

Best regards, Michael.