Re: defadvice file-expand-wildcards ad-do-it value

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: defadvice file-expand-wildcards ad-do-it value
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:40:05 +0100

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually "(list name)" seems doubtful in the tramp cases too.  If
> there's no matches I think the return should be nil, not the pattern.
> But I say that without trying it, and without knowing if it's a hack to
> keep the pattern for later action ...

Likely you are right, although sometimes returning nil is interpreted as
the file name itself.

So I've applied your patch, simplifying the defadvice. You can test it
yourself, setting (setq tramp-syntax 'sep) before loading Tramp. Then
you could instrument the advice for debug, and load /[ssh/].* (for
example).

Best regards, Michael.