Re: error on MAC OSX Lion: Permission denied, exiting abnormally with co

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: error on MAC OSX Lion: Permission denied, exiting abnormally with code 255
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 09:17:20 +0200

Sarah Alam Malik <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Sarah,

> I get the following error when trying to use tramp to edit a file on a
> remote machine:
>
> Permission denied (gssapi-keyex, gssapi-with-mic, keyboard-interactive)
> Process *tramp/scp address@hidden exited abnormally with
> code 255
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like a password issue. Have you tried from a shell that you are
able to connect address@hidden via ssh?

If it works from a shell, please set tramp-verbose to 6, and rerun your
test. Afterwards, you could show us the resulting debug buffer. Tramp is
very careful not to insert passwords there, but you might cross-check
before sending.

> Thanks
> Sarah

Best regards, Michael.