Re: prompt has changed with an update

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: prompt has changed with an update
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 16:33:03 +0200

Thomas Walker Lynch <thomas.lynch@reasoningtechnology.com> writes:

Hi Thomas,

> Thanks Michael.  Looks like I should have gone to the Tramp manual,

Don't worry. My experience is, that *nobody* reads the manual.
Sometimes, I have the impression I write it just for myself, in case I
have forgotten something ...

> but I was confused.  It truly was working before.  It is tied into my
> dirtrack  and elsewhere so there is no way I could have confused that.
>  I also modify the prompt when entering projects by adding the project
> name.  I developed a lot of code using remote access through Tramp.  I
> also set an inside emacs environment variable in scripts.  RTFM time .
> .. why every time I ask a question ...

If anything is not clear, just ask. And if it isn't clear in the manual,
tell it. I'm not a native English speaker ...

Best regards, Michael.