Re: tramp access to ssh agent

From: GUEZ Lionel
Subject: Re: tramp access to ssh agent
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 12:06:05 +0200

Hello.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2022 18:24:31 +0200
Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:

> So I guess you shall check periodically whether it is still set while
> you work with Emacs. If it disappears,try to find out what you've
> done recently.

Well, that does not leave me much hope of elucidating the
problem. So Emacs does not get SSH_AUTH_SOCK in its environment
sometimes. Would you say this is not because of tramp, but because of
something else in the way Linux Mint starts up a session? Should I try
asking to people working on Gnome Keyring?

> Tramp uses auth-sources by default. It's initial value is
> '("~/.authinfo" "~/.authinfo.gpg" "~/.netrc"), if you have one of
> these files they are consulted.

I fail to see the connection between the fact that Emacs does not get
SSH_AUTH_SOCK in its environment and auth-sources. Is it normal or
strange than Emacs does not ask me to save the passphrase?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Lionel GUEZ