Re: tramp access to ssh agent

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: tramp access to ssh agent
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 13:38:48 +0200

>>>>> On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 12:06:05 +0200, GUEZ Lionel <guez@lmd.ipsl.fr> said:

    GUEZ> Hello.
    GUEZ> On Wed, 19 Oct 2022 18:24:31 +0200
    GUEZ> Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:

    >> So I guess you shall check periodically whether it is still set while
    >> you work with Emacs. If it disappears,try to find out what you've
    >> done recently.

    GUEZ> Well, that does not leave me much hope of elucidating the
    GUEZ> problem. So Emacs does not get SSH_AUTH_SOCK in its environment
    GUEZ> sometimes. Would you say this is not because of tramp, but because of
    GUEZ> something else in the way Linux Mint starts up a session? Should I try
    GUEZ> asking to people working on Gnome Keyring?

It all depends on how you start Emacs: if youʼre starting the Emacs
daemon from systemd, that will almost certainly result in a different
environment from starting Emacs from an xterm. How are you starting
Emacs?

Robert