usbb2k-api-dev

Re: [Usbb2k-api-dev] Yealink P4k Report

From: yealink
Subject: Re: [Usbb2k-api-dev] Yealink P4k Report
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 00:11:29 +0100

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 09:15:22PM +0000, Francois Botha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just found this project and am very happy other people has these
> phones!  I've had a P4K for a few months now and thought I'll give this
> a whirl in Linux.
>
> I've just checked out and compiled the module from CVS:
>
> LCD Backlight, the Icons etc. seems to work okay, ditto for the keypad.
Great thanks for testing!
Did you check if you can switch on/off the speaker?

> However, ALSA seems convinced that this USB audio device can only play
> there is no record mixer at all.
There where some issues with the ALSA driver in 2.6.15 this is what I
got from a P1K user:

"2.6.15 kernel contains alsa 1.0.10rc3, and this version of alsa has a
broken usb audio driver. It was ok in 1.0.10rc1 and is now fixed in CVS
version."

> Sound works fine over the device itself, mixer control is perfect -
> however there is no Microphone or LineIn for the device so no record
> functions work.
>
> Anybody else experiencing this?
>
> Thanks!
> FB