Re: GNU Prolog FAQ

From: Christian
Subject: Re: GNU Prolog FAQ
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:01:37 +0100

On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:30:29 +0100
Daniel Diaz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Christian wrote:

> >         - buildung and installling
> >         - implementation limits and workarounds
>
> Yes this kind of information is perfect
> >
> > the mail archive is a good starting-point i thought so too, and a
gprolog faq will be a ongoing work
> > it will surely growing and mature over time. I would like to make it
gprolog centric and don't cover the
> > Prolog-Language in detail except for some links. A FAQ is not a
tutorial and there are excellent Prolog
> > resources on the net. It should only address Problems which pepole
frequently experience in using gnu-prolog.

> <remark>
> Christian, your mail editor does not seem to cut long lines. For
instance my netscape mail reader
> see the above text in a single line. It is then difficult to read (and
not practical to answer
> since the '> ' cite prefix is not added to each line, I have done the
above '> ' by hands. I can ask
> my email reader to wrap incoming plain text but maybe you could turn on
a "wrap outgoing plain text"
> option (if your mailer has it).
> </remark>

Sure i turned my client-side linewrap off ;). Now it's on, blame netscape.

> You are right, even if a good tutorial for GNU Prolog would be welcome
it is definitely another
> topic.
>
> > i'm curious about the gnu-prolog entry in gnu-savannah?
>
> I experienced just gnu-savannah, I dont (yet ?) use it. I dont see any
advantage to use it instead
> of sourceforge for the moment...

ok.. just wondered.

> Can I suggest you to look at LaTeX + HeVeA combo ? I use LaTeX for the
GNU Prolog documentation and

Ack, I know HeVeA, would do it fine too has less dependencies than LyX.

cya Christian