News item: Finished transition

From: Wolfgang Jährling
Subject: News item: Finished transition
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 16:19:50 +0200

Hi!

Any objections to the following item? Should we ommit the second
paragraph?

---
<DT>24 May 2002</DT>
<DD>Finally, the transition from the stdio Application Binary Interface
(ABI) to the libio ABI has been completed.  Buildd is now running and
everything should work as usual again.  Note that we have also switched
to <A HREF="http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.1/";>GCC 3.1</A> as our default
compiler.  Thanks to everyone who helped in making all this possible.
<P>
We have both <A HREF="ftp://ftp.gnu.org/iso/hurd-H4/";>CD
images</A> and a brand-new tarball for libio systems, so choose your
preferred installation method and go ahead.
<P>
---

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang