Re: News item: Finished transition

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: News item: Finished transition
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 02:10:20 +0200

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 04:19:50PM +0200, Wolfgang Jährling wrote:
> Any objections to the following item? Should we ommit the second
> paragraph?

Ok, I have done some rudimentary testing myself, and submitted a slightly
modified version of the news entry (not mentioning buildd without explaining
it, and making the separation between the GNU Hurd and Debian GNU/Hurd as
its binary distribution clearer).

> We have both <A HREF="ftp://ftp.gnu.org/iso/hurd-H4/";>CD
> images</A> and a brand-new tarball for libio systems, so choose your
> preferred installation method and go ahead.

I left this out, as the H4 images and the current tar file are based on gcc
3.0 and somewhat broken.  So, the "everything is back to normal" is somewhat
of a lie, but the actual problems should be small, and shake out soon.

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org address@hidden