Re: politicaly-correct patch (was: Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages)

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: politicaly-correct patch (was: Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:19:29 +0000

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 10:46:01AM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    Removing a link from the GNU project seems counter productive.  No
>    matter what it hosts...
>
> Erm, let me rephrase this, removing a link to the GNU project on a
> page that is hosted by the GNU project seems counter productive.
> Sorry for the confusion.

Note that the link target contains only empty directories anyway, so it
doesn't make much sense linking to it.

On the other hand, when we (Debian, notably Phil) recover the situation and
provide CD images again, I think it'll make more sense to host them at Debian
site since they're Debian stuff after all.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)