Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Toward a modular Wesnoth

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Toward a modular Wesnoth
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 22:25:55 +0100

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 07:40:46PM +0100, Susanna Björverud wrote:
> Currently there are several campaigns that AFAIK redefines units from
> the main campaigns, and I am quite certain that far from all of them
> specifies new unique id:s for these redefined units. How would this
> scheme (without ifdef) handle this?

I think doing so should not be allowed.  If a campaign needs a
standard unit to be different from the standard unit, then they need
something that is not the standard unit, and should ship a copy, and
use a different id.

I guess we could check for id uniqueness and bail out in case of
problem, although that would be somewhat costly, and I'd like to have
such a check optionally turned off (eg. for ipaq builds).

--
Yann Dirson    <address@hidden> |
Debian-related: <address@hidden> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux:
     http://ydirson.free.fr/        | Check <http://www.debian.org/>