[Wesnoth-dev] Bunch of proposals for mp setup improvements

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Bunch of proposals for mp setup improvements
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:48:15 +0100

I group those together, so that any rewrite of the mp-setup dialogs
take all of them into consideration - let's not rewrite them twice :)

1. possibly the simplest: we can currently have 4 people playing mp on
a single game client, or on 4 different ones, but not on 2 or 3 ones.
It should be possible to join a game as several human players, and to
setup more than one local player on the game-owner client as well.

2. we must be able to view the minimap when selecting one's faction.
Currently the game owner has a huge advantage over other players.

2b. Now we could object that 2. would make the shroud feature useless.
So it would be fair to have the map hidden from the owner as well when
the shroud is in effect.  To be secure, map generation could then be
moved to the server.

3. Nils submitted a request to be able to select the starting keep
(see http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=12004).

3b. I like this idea, but I can see variants, like "you are on that
keep, now select your faction".

4. Now for the big one.  The idea came from that it is rare to have
"consistent" alliances when using random factions.  I'd like to be
able to say "I'm part of a chaotic alliance, let's fight those lawful
thingies".

We could have the (optional) choice of setting up such alliances, and
assigning those or era-predefined ones to each side, which would then
have the faction choice constrained.  "Random" in this context would
then be constrained as well.

Any other ones ?

--
Yann Dirson    <address@hidden> |