Re: [Wesnoth-dev] investigating typefaces

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] investigating typefaces
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:25:03 +0200

Following on from my previous message of 23 July 2005, I replaced Vera and
Bepa with DejaVuSans version 1.12 since the Russian translation maintainer
was very happy with the new typeface.  The changelog for DejaVu states:

  Changes from 1.13 to current development state
[...]
  * added Greek glyphs to Sans and Serif, changed pi and omega to fit in

This would imply that we could drop FreeSans also.  This is the only
western typeface containing codepoints which were used in a translation
(Greek and at the time also Latin) that were not also supported in
DejaVuSans.

It would be good if someone could assess the suitability of the Greek
glyphs in DejaVuSans and compare with those in FreeSans, and let us
know if we can drop FreeSans once DejaVu version 1.14 is released --
scheduled for 18 September 2005.

-- address@hidden