Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Manual as a pdf

From: Asa Swain
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Manual as a pdf
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:28:06 -0700 (PDT)

Nils, having a .pdf version of the manual is a great
idea.

I think the content is pretty good, but it could use
some re-oganizing. I'm tempted to take a crack at it
myself, but I fear this is something that should have
been done months ago, instead of right before the 1.0
release.

Glancing over it, I'd suggest putting the keybaord
shortcuts / controls section at the end. I'd start
with a beautiful cover page of the wesnoth logo. Then
I'd have a letter written by Dave or someone else
summarizing wesnoth and thanking the player for trying
the game. I think it would be useful is players got a
general idea of what the game is like. Then you can
get into specific game mechanics.

What the timetable on the manual? I assume that if
translators have to translate it before the release
then it has to be finished by yesterday?

Technically, this manual is fine for now. Development
isn't going to cease post 1.0. But I bet there are
better writers / english majors than me who could
re-write the manual and make it more readable.

-Asa