Re[2]: [Wesnoth-dev] Manual as a pdf

From: Nils Kneuper
Subject: Re[2]: [Wesnoth-dev] Manual as a pdf
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 02:44:28 +0200

What i did was just to copy the stuff that already is in MANUAL into
an OpenOffice doc. I removed hundreds of newlines and made the
"ascii-art"-tables to be real tables. That is almost everything I did.
For this file there already are translations. I did the German version
of the file directly afterwards. It does not take too much time since
it is mainly a matter of copy-past.
Having the MANUAL in a format that all users know (pdf should be known
by everyone) would make it a lot easier. Most windows-users will not
really know what to do with the MANUAL right now since it does not end
with .doc or .txt.
It would be really great to have a real "printable" and
"handbookstyle" manual. I would offer some time for creating this once
I find enough.
I think for the moment it would be best to try to convert the
MANUAL.language into pdf. Though I won't be able to do this all
myself.
Greets,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic