wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Windows Build

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Windows Build
Date: 05 Jul 2003 01:05:43 -0700

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 23:56, Curt Hibbs wrote:
> Line 59 of extconf.rb is:
>
>       f.puts("SRC := $(wildcard *.cpp)")
>
> Which puts the quoted line in the makefile. nmake doesn't like this line.
> What is this supposed to do? If a manually change the line in the makefile
> to:
>
>       SRC = "*.cpp"
>
> it actually starts building. Is that what was intended here?

That sounds like it's probably equivalent functionality. But SRC is only
used to build the depends file, and I'm not happy with the way that's
happening right now anyway. So it shouldn't affect the actual library
build, regardless.

> Also, app.h and app.cpp define WxApp::ExitMainLoop as having a return value
> of "VALUE", when it sould be "void" (in wxWindows 2.4.1). I modified the
> definitions in my local copies of app.h and app.cpp, but why hasn't anyone
> else run into this?

The WxApp class (like all the WxYxx classes) does not inherit from
wxApp. So WxApp::ExitMainLoop gets called when ruby code invokes
Wx::App#exit_main_loop. Since it's called from ruby, it needs to return
a VALUE.

Did you see a compile problem here? Or did you just notice that it
looked incorrect?

Kevin