wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Windows Build

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Windows Build
Date: 05 Jul 2003 22:57:44 -0700

On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 22:30, Curt Hibbs wrote:
> I finally figured out that I had to run wxpp.rb on all of your template
> files (*.t) except for skeleton.t.

Ah. The Makefile should cause that to happen automatically. Must be a
difference between GNU make and nmake.

> app.cpp
> VALUE WxApp::ExitMainLoop(VALUE self)
> - This method did not return a value, so I
>   added "return INT2NUM(0);" to the end.

Sure enough. I am as surprised and horrified as you that this didn't
give any errors or warnings under Linux. I do plan to bump the warning
level up at some point, which may help with stuff like this.

> wxpp.rb
> def implementConstructors
> - The code for the "release" method did not
>   return a value, so I "return INT2NUM(0);"
>   to the end.

Ok. "release" isn't actually used anywhere yet. It was a project I
started but never completed related to memory management. It should
probably return Qnil, but isn't important either way right now.

> >choice.cpp(269) : error C2039: 'Number' : is not a member of 'wxChoice'
> >        R:/wxWindows-2.4.1/include\wx/msw/choice.h(23) : see declaration of

According to the docs, wxChoice::Number is obsolete and should not be
used. It may be available or not, depending on whether your wxWindows
was compiled for backward compatibility.

I'll just comment it out of choice.t.

> Should I go ahead and check in my first two changes?

Feel free to. If you don't get to it tonight, I may beat you to it.

Thanks!!

Kevin