wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] RubyForge...

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] RubyForge...
Date: 22 Jul 2003 20:23:30 -0700

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 20:04, Richard Kilmer wrote:
> I want to announce that we (InfoEther) have stood up a community server
> for Ruby projects here:
>
>      http://www.rubyforge.org
>

> Kevin...I would really like wxruby on RubyForge.  Curt has said as
> much, but l'll leave it up to you as whether you want to, and if so
> when.

Cool. It would actually solve an annoyance in Savannah that there are a
bunch of directories that are empty but are still there.

I think the earlier we move, the better. Like before our first release
would definitely make sense.And I don't think that any of our existing
version history is really all that interesting.

I would suggest just leaving our Savannah project there, with
appropriate pointers to the new project, and checking current stuff into
rubyforge as it is. Simple, and no dependencies on their import script.

I guess the most interesting thing we would lose would be this mailing
list archive. It's valuable, but we could still point back to it. I'm
not sure it's worth holding up the move over.

If we[1] think we would rather be on rubyforge, let's do it. I can
probably move everything over the weekend of August 2, if not earlier.

Any concerns from anyone about giving up the old version checkin
histories?

Kevin

[1] I refer, of course, to the grand and glorious, highly exaulted and
official, ever-so-exclusive wxruby committee, also known as "everyone
reading this message."