wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] ListCtrl, Grid, etc.

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] ListCtrl, Grid, etc.
Date: 03 Aug 2003 11:36:13 -0700

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 23:08, Kevin Smith wrote:
> So far, I am not at all happy with wxWindows support for multi-column
> listboxes. The interface to wxListCtrl is truly horrid, and wxGrid does
> way more than I want, so it's too complex. By the way, I added the Grid
> class to wxruby tonight.

Just a quick update: As I work on redwood (my wxRuby email app), I
continue to learn a lot about wxWindows. I was able to get a multicolumn
listbox working without too much pain. The wxListCtrl API is still
horrible, but with a good example and better docs, it's ok.

I also learned a LOT about how to do widget layout effectively, so I
think the redwood source will be quite valuable as a sample app. I just
need to get it (and wxRuby) released!

Kevin