Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: xboard/winboard maintenance

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: xboard/winboard maintenance
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 13:20:21 -0700

Hi

> Arun signed up on the xboard Savannah project but H. G. has not done
> so, I'm not sure why not.  They aren't making much use of the Savannah
> features right now.  I think Arun is waiting until they have copyright
> papers from everyone before checking any code in there.  [BTW, Arun,
> don't let me stop you from switching to git when you do.]

will do... At the moment I'm not sure if I should/can use Savannah for
code where we don't have the copyright transfer signed yet.

> I'm still not doing any work on the project but am at least trying to
> stay out of the way.  I discussed stepping down as maintainer with
> Arun, but he didn't want to take over.  However, I'd be happy to give
> up that title to H. G. or Arun (or anyone they would nominate) if they
> want to take it on.
>
> It would be good to post a status update on the xboard Savannah page
> about all this.  [Arun, would you like to do that?]

Sure I can do that... you can also give me admin/maintainer rights if
you want to, but I can't promise a long time involvement (that doesn't
mean I wouldn't like to, but I work is pretty demanding at the moment).
Therefore I just wouldn't like to become admin and then have to step
down again in a few months... I'm happy to do admin work in the meantime
though and I guess we can have several admins on the project... so as
long Tim will take over again in case I have less time available, I'm up
for it.

I'll post a news item on Savannay later today

cheers
      ARUN