[XBoard-devel] Re: xboard/winboard maintenance

From: Tim Mann
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Re: xboard/winboard maintenance
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 12:56:19 -0700

There is actually a lot going on right now.  H. G. Muller and Arun
Persaud are working on merging a fork of WinBoard/xboard that has seen
a lot of development back with the main line.  H. G. is the main
developer on the fork, although I understand there had been some
significant contributions to the fork from previous developers.  They
are working on getting those contributors to sign copyright papers.

Arun signed up on the xboard Savannah project but H. G. has not done
so, I'm not sure why not.  They aren't making much use of the Savannah
features right now.  I think Arun is waiting until they have copyright
papers from everyone before checking any code in there.  [BTW, Arun,
don't let me stop you from switching to git when you do.]

I'm still not doing any work on the project but am at least trying to
stay out of the way.  I discussed stepping down as maintainer with
Arun, but he didn't want to take over.  However, I'd be happy to give
up that title to H. G. or Arun (or anyone they would nominate) if they
want to take it on.

It would be good to post a status update on the xboard Savannah page
about all this.  [Arun, would you like to do that?]

        --Tim

--
Tim Mann  address@hidden  http://tim-mann.org/