Re: [XBoard-devel] Polyglot 2.0

From: Eric Mullins
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Polyglot 2.0
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:22:53 -0600

Tim Mann wrote:
If the upstream author doesn't want the changes and wants to continue
to release new versions of his own, then this is a fork of Polyglot [...]

That's exactly the problem as I see it. Unless we intend to maintain that fork, people will move to versions that are maintained. If doing that causes problems for some reason, then those who require polyglot will simply not use 4.4.0. I'm in that category for sure.