Re: [XBoard-devel] XBoard -- 'Study game' mode and GTK.

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] XBoard -- 'Study game' mode and GTK.
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 05:03:50 -0700

Hi

> [...]
> We have no formal 'contributing pocess'. [...]

just to add to HGMs answer. The only formal part of the contribution
process that we have is that we are part of GNU and therefore require
a copyright assignment from contributors that add more than a few
lines. See

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html

for more information. If this is OK for you and you would like to
contribute in the future, please contact me directly and I can get you
started on this. Unfortunately at this time, the process is still a
bit slow and will probably take a few weeks.

As far as the GTK branch is concerned, anything in git is
unfortunately out of date and since HGM changed a lot of things in
master, it might almost be better to start new... on the other hand as
HGM pointed out now a lot less needs to be ported, since the graphic
frontend is better separated from the rest of the code and most things
can probably be copied from the gtk-xt branch.

Since we only use very basic features in the frontend, I'm not sure
how easy it would be to use for example the GTK tree-view for what you
have planned, might be worth looking into though.

cheers

ARUN