[XBoard-devel] XBoard 4.9.0 release

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] XBoard 4.9.0 release
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 14:52:58 +0200

I did sync with Savannah, and push everything I had in my master branch to it. I don't know how topush my 'themes' branch, which does not exist yet at Savannah. Anyway, I think we are as ready for 4.9.0 as we will ever be. So perhaps we should
just release what we have.

A minor issue is whether we want to continue providing oriental-style Xiangqi and Shogi piece themes in the standard XBoard distribution tar ball, now that we have (more elaborate) tar balls also containing these same files. If we don't, we should
remove them from the XBoard Makefile.am, and from the 'themes' directory
(so they only remain in the 'themes' directory of the 'themes' branch). We should post the distribution tar balls of theses themes on Savannah somewhere before
we do that, though.