Re: [XBoard-devel] XBoard 4.9.0 release

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] XBoard 4.9.0 release
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 07:45:29 +0200

Op 5/8/2016 om 9:57 PM schreef Joshua Pettus:
Probably too late but it was mentioned before it before. Do you want to add a mute all sounds menu item? For quick access like winboard?
Ah yes. At the time wewanted topostpone that because of the string freeze.
Since then, however, we added the 'Edit Themes List' and 'Edit ICS Menu' items as well,
so we already have several untranslated menu items.

So I now added this one as well. I exempted the 'Play' button in the sounds dialog
from the muting. I pushed the patch to Savannah.

That reminds me of the question whether we want a special way to lead people to the place where we distribute theme packages. E.g. in the Help Menu (similar to the On-line User Guide item), or perhaps even as a button 'Download Themes' in the Board dialog itself. On the other hand, we could also put a link in a prominent place of the XBoard Home Page
to lead to the downloads. (But people might never discover it...)

It would just be a matter of minutes to make something like this, but I would need to know
where the theme packages can be downloaded.