Re: [XBoard-devel] XBoard 4.9.0 release

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] XBoard 4.9.0 release
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 13:14:08 -0700

Hi

On 05/08/2016 05:52 AM, H.G. Muller wrote:
> I did sync with Savannah, and push everything I had in my master branch
> to it.
> I don't know how topush my 'themes' branch, which does not exist yet at
> Savannah.
> Anyway, I think we are as ready for 4.9.0 as we will ever be. So perhaps
> we should
> just release what we have.

I can upload a release in the next days, if you want... would be great
if some other people on the list could test and report their finding of
the current git-branch.

> A minor issue is whether we want to continue providing oriental-style
> Xiangqi and
> Shogi piece themes in the standard XBoard distribution tar ball, now
> that we have
> (more elaborate) tar balls also containing these same files. If we
> don't, we should
> remove them from the XBoard Makefile.am, and from the 'themes' directory
> (so they only remain in the 'themes' directory of the 'themes' branch).
> We should
> post the distribution tar balls of theses themes on Savannah somewhere
> before
> we do that, though.

What's the status of the copyright papers for those files? Did someone
else produce them? If so, we need to get the paperwork done before we
add them to a release or to git.

Arun