Re: [Texmacs-dev] More about Nix' patches

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] More about Nix' patches
Date: 18 Apr 2003 10:18:03 -0600

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 09:35, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> 1) The fix for cal*, cal**, bbb*, etc. is not yet perfect.
> We really should use the additional packages when
> they are really needed. To a lesser extent, this also
> holds for some of the other packages by the way.

I agree.  There should be a trigger-based system.  Certain items such as
(with math font ...) should /trigger/ the addition of packages.  We can
have some sort of trigger -> package mapping.  Unfortunately, I think
this may cause additional coupling between tmtex.scm and texout.scm,
unless we find a place for a list of packages on the tree that
(texout-produce ...) receives.

> 2) As to bracket-auto-closing mode, I think that
> closing brackets should be replaced by new closing
> brackets if the cursor is just before it.

Nice idea !

> In other words, if you type '(a,b]', then you should
> successively see the following texts (*=cursor):
>
>       *
>       (*)
>       (a*)
>       (a,*)
>       (a,b*)
>       (a,b]*
>
> I did not have time to make these two improvements yet;
> maybe a nice exercise for a hacker :^)

:o)