Re: [Texmacs-dev] Monitoring changes in mainline

From: Martin Costabel
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Monitoring changes in mainline
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:11:42 +0200

Nix N. Nix wrote:
[]
This I have also noticed and it is a very Bad Thing.  To have
<prefix>/share/TeXmacs-<version>/... has some really bad side effects.

I agree. Here is another point: fonts. There is this big package of precompiled fonts which would be a good thing to install. Unfortunately, it goes into <prefix>/share/TeXmacs-<version>/fonts/. Therefore, unless there is something I have not understood, for every update of TeXmacs it has to be removed and to be reinstalled in the new directory.

For the Fink distribution on MacOSX, I have a texmacs-fonts package ready, but I will not submit it as long as the situation remains like this. I would have to make a new texmacs-fonts package for every new revision of the texmacs package. So there would have to be texmacs-fonts-1.0.1.10-1 and then, if I need a revision 1.0.1.10-2 of the texmacs package in order to patch some small guile bug, I would even have to make texmacs-fonts-1.0.1.10-2, and then soon texmacs-fonts-1.0.1.11-1, although all these texmacs-fonts packages would be absolutely identical except for their install directory.

Hence no fink texmacs-font package.

--
Martin