Re: [Adonthell-devel] More errors. . .

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] More errors. . .
Date: 09 Mar 2002 12:24:05 +0100

> > The "${prefix}" isn't very nice, and man could think this is an error.
> > I've tried thousands of combinaisons without being able to get a
> > proper display. Do someone have an idea?
>
> No. I tried for ages to get rid of it. I am not sure why ${prefix} is
> not expanded. It's really weird. Especially as it is correct in the
> Makefiles!

It may be, that $prefix isn't defined at all in the configure.in. Mmm,
I'll ask one of the shell gurus at university about this.

> Well, I thought pre1 sounded too much like a nearly working engine. But
> if you don't like the alpha, we could also change it ot 0.4dev1 or
> something. But I wouldn't switch to pre1 before we merged stuff back to
> the main branch (and have a proper data package.

Actually, I thought that as we never release "alpha" versions (our
policy is rather to release working but feature incomplete stuff) the
"alpha" could lead to misinterpretations. "dev" as you suggested looks
much more accurate, for instance. Anyway, as long as we don't release
anything, this doesn't matter much - what I thought is that our next
release would be a "pre1", if not 0.4 directly! :)

> But then again, it doesn't really matter *that* much :). So change it to
> whatever you like!

Woohoo! Thanks! ;)

Alex.
--