Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python tests not working anymore

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python tests not working anymore
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:01:57 +0100

> As an aside: running those python scripts from a seperate build dir
> works fine on OS X. I don't really know what is going on.

I don't neither. I've turned the main module into something completely static,
and, guess what, it works now. I haven't done everything however, it still
needs some more work before everything works as before. Maybe it didn't like
the fact that ld_handlers were not static, or something like this.

Anyway. I was wondering about the usefulness of the main module. How about
moving it's semantics to base? Or maybe it should even go directly to src/
without belonging to any module. The app class will be very light after my
changes (actually, not much more than a virtual method called "main", as you
can guess), so since it's just an interface and a main method, it sounds ok
to me to put them in src/, along with an "adonthell.h" file that every
application would include.

About Python, I was wondering whether it would be possible to keep the same
structure for applications (i.e. a class named theApp). I'll look at that
once the main stuff is fixed.

Suggestions are welcome - I will try to commit the stuff soon anyway.
Hopefully it won't break OSX support, at worst you might need to change a few
things so work again, Kai. Sorry I'm not into Objective C at all! ;)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org