Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python tests not working anymore

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python tests not working anymore
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:22:18 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 05.02.04 um 12:43 Uhr schrieb Kai Sterker:

Seems I was a little too fast. With my change it does compile and install, but python scripts fail to work, since the symbols used in our modules and in libswigruntime do not match.

Works now! Problem was that the wrappers have not been recreated even though swigruntime_wrap.cc had changed. So they contained still 1.3.19 code, which isn't compatible with 1.3.21.

I fixed the Makefile to make sure that the wrappers are recreated when swigruntime_wrap.cc changes. I also added the -modern switch to wrapper generation, which means the shadow classes won't support Python < 2.2. But since we don't support that neither, it's no big deal and we'll have cleaner wrapper classes.