Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: compile cleanup

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: compile cleanup
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 12:50:10 +0200

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Chris Frey <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm happy either way, patch or cvs, so whichever you prefer.
> I created a new account on savannah:  'cdfrey'
>
> Note that I can't guarantee dedicated work... it's all according to
> spare time and interest. :-)

Sure. Having write access doesn't come with the obligation to put
something in, we'd just be glad if you did. :-)

> Thank you for the offer.

You've contributed a couple of patches, showed interest and that met
the requirements. So welcome aboard!

> I'm still learning the code.  Porting the python world test to C++ was a good
> exercise, and pointed me to some interesting corners I didn't realize
> where there yet. :-)

Yeah, just doing some stuff with the code will certainly help more to
understand it than just reading documentation.

All the existing test code is also meant to help find ones way through
the code, as it usually centers around one or two small aspects of the
whole code base. There should probably be some more explicit pointers
to those scripts and classes in the "Getting Started" portion of the
Wiki ...