[Adonthell-devel] Re: Waste's Edge progress

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Waste's Edge progress
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 00:37:34 +0200

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hopefully tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest, I'll have an update of
> the map to commit.

It's done, but (much) more work is left. I'm pretty happy with how the
graphics have turned out. Part of it is still a bit experimental (i.e.
the shadows cast by vertical walls), so not everything is matching up
100% perfectly.

Another thing you can see in action after "falling" down the stairs
are the render zones. I haven't modelled all of the cellar yet (as I
think I need to move what I have a bit to the right), but you should
get an idea of how the seamless height level transition is supposed to
work. (There's a slight code change involved as well, so make sure to
update the engine to try it out).

All in all, the map in its current state still shows a number of
issues with the engine. It's late, so I won't list them, as most of
them are pretty obvious. Just walk around a bit and you'll see. I hope
I can leave you guys with those and continue my work on the gfx stuff.
Not that I like doing that so much, but it looks like there isn't
anyone else to do it right now.

Anyway, enjoy what's there! Already much closer to the final thing!