Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Waste's Edge progress

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Waste's Edge progress
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 19:55:18 -0600

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
All in all, the map in its current state still shows a number of
issues with the engine. It's late, so I won't list them, as most of
them are pretty obvious. Just walk around a bit and you'll see. I hope
I can leave you guys with those and continue my work on the gfx stuff.
Not that I like doing that so much, but it looks like there isn't
anyone else to do it right now.

Sure, I'll keep working on the issues.  I feel bad not helping with the gfx stuff, but I'm really horrible with that.

I fixed a couple more issues with the character shadow.  One is that there were two tiles that overlapped (at 640, 480), I removed one of them, but figured i would mention it.  I don't know if we want to just leave that as user beware, or if we want to add a check for that in the tools at some point.  I also fixed an issue with z_order sorting, basically the issue was that walls from the cellar rise up just as high as the tiles a player stands on.  So it was putting the shadow on the top of the cellar walls.

Thats all for now,
Tyler