Re: [Adonthell-devel] Tools time

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Tools time
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:25:49 +0200

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Modeller now support scaling, making it easier to create fitting
> shapes. There's still a bug that makes scale factors larger than 2
> somewhat harder to use. Have to figure out what's going on here.

That was a fun thing to resolve. Consider the following:

  template<T> class vector3
  {
    template<PT> vector3<PT> operator* (PT scalar);
  }

And now imagine a vector3 of s_int16 multiplied with an u_int8 :-).
Instead of scaling with the zoom factor, you get something oscillating
between 0 and 255.

> Another issue with larger scale factors is that the model will extend
> past the window border. So I'll have to add scrolling for the canvas
> in order to allow editing of larger (scaled) models.

Scrolling is in and from what little tests I made should be working fine.

Also fixed/added keyboard shortcuts for the various menu entries.

> Apart from the scrolling, the one bit still missing is the creation of
> irregular shapes. But with the dragging working reliably, that'll be
> fairly easy too. All that's needed is a second mode, where each
> individual corner can be dragged to a new position.

I imagine this will have to wait until after my vacation. Anyway, feel
free to try modeller and report what issues or problems you might
find.