Re: [Adonthell-devel] Tools time

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Tools time
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:39:29 +0200

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Another issue with larger scale factors is that the model will extend
>> past the window border. So I'll have to add scrolling for the canvas
>> in order to allow editing of larger (scaled) models.
>
> Scrolling is in and from what little tests I made should be working fine.

Forgot to mention: unlike mapedit and dlgedit, modeller doesn't have
an "infinite" canvas. So you cannot scroll forever in each direction.
Instead, scrolling is only possible when the model is zoomed in and
then only as far as to the edge of the zoomed canvas. Canvas size is
determined by size of the modeller window, so to get a larger canvas,
one has to increase the window size.

Since I doubt that we'll ever have huge models, I don't think there is
a need for a canvas that extends past what's actually visible in the
lowest zoom level (1:1).

Oh, and I haven't implemented keyboard shortcuts for scrolling (yet).
Need to move the mouse near the canvas edge to start scrolling in that
direction (but not while dragging some shape).

Kai

P.S: Somebody wanting to update the modeller docs? See here:
  http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tools:Modeller:Contents