Re: [Adonthell-devel] Mapedit plans

From: James Nash
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Mapedit plans
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 23:06:01 +0100

Sounds good!

I have to confess that I haven't really tried mapedit yet (I started it up once
to verify that it works though). I wanted to make a few more sprites/mapobjects
before I delve into it.

I've been preparing some graphics for the stairs. Currently they are single PNG
images:

Back:

PNG image

Front:

PNG image

Side:

PNG image

For the models, I was going to add a block shape for each step.

I guess I'll need to break up the "Back" one into separate PNGs for each step
so that the engine can draw individual steps in front of the character as they
walk down. Is that correct?

Would this be necessary for the other stairs too or can they remain as a single
PNG?

                - James