apps-gnustep

Re: ANN: Burn.app 0.3.0pre

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: ANN: Burn.app 0.3.0pre
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:02:59 +0100

Hi Luke.

On 2002-12-03 23:20:21 +1100 address@hidden wrote:

On  2 Dec, Andreas Heppel wrote:
The preview may be checked out from CVS. It is the current TOT and it is also tagged as RELEASE_BURN_0_3_0_PRE. cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/ cvsroot/gsburn login No password. cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/ cvsroot/gsburn co -r RELEASE_BURN_0_3_0_PRE Burn.app

There's an extra space in there, I think.  Shouldn't it be:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gsburn login

or

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gsburn co -r RELEASE_BURN_0_3_0_PRE Burn.app

Right. I just copied and pasted it from sf. Looks like you get additional spaces for the line feeds. Sorry for that.

Where does CDPlayer/AudioCDProtocol.h come from, BTW?
It comes from CDPlayer.app. You can get it from sf.net, too. It's the same repositiory. The module name is CDPlayer:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gsburn co CDPlayer

I forgot to mention this in my mail. Sorry for that, too. I will prepare a source tar ball for this package before the official release of Burn.app.

Of course, Burn.app needs a GNUstep (www.gnustep.org) environment
to run. It has been developed and tested in the following environment:

gnustep-make 1.4.0
gnustep-base 1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.5.0
gnustep-gui  0.8.0, 0.8.1, 0.8.2
gnustep-back 0.8.0, 0.8.1, 0.8.2

gnustep-make-1.4.0-1.src.rpm
gnustep-base-1.4.1.tar.gz
gnustep-gui-0.8.0-1.src.rpm
gnustep-back-0.8.0.tar.gz
gnustep-objc-1.2.0-1.src.rpm

Maybe I should just upgrade my GNUstep versions?
Maybe yes. Currently, I use the last above mentioned versions of the GNUstep packages. I know that there have been changes between what you use and what I use.

Please, note that this is really an early preview meant to get to know ppl's opinion. There will surely be bugs and lots of missing features. And the documentation for sure is not up to date.

Thanks for your feedback (and for your time and for giving it a try :). I really appreciate.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out GSburn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net