Re: autoconf option fun

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: autoconf option fun
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:13:14 -0500 (EST)

Hello, Bruce!

> > --foo=* | --fo=* | --f=*
>
> Such a macro would have to keep track of whether or not
> there was a --fumble=xxx option, too.  Of course, I *do*
> have a shell script option processing generator that does
> all this stuff automatically....

You didn't tell us _where_ you have it.

I personally wouldn't object against generating our auto* scripts with m4.

It doesn't mean that we have eliminate all common code right now, but it
would be nice to start the conversion process now, e.g. with the option
parcer.

Whatever sed now does with shell scripts can easily be rewritten with m4.

I realize that we are in the beta stage, but releasing Autoconf violating
GNU standards is not good.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin