Re: autoconf auxdir

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: autoconf auxdir
Date: 11 Apr 2001 13:29:14 +0200

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> Given that we want to promote config/, let's not invent yet
Akim> another name.  Uniformity is one of the best service we can
Akim> offer to our users (maintainers).  That's why I'd agree with
Akim> SUPDIR _if_ we promote sup/.  But it makes no sense to me.

If people think I'm exaggerating here, then let those people look for
packages that don't even extract properly on DOS where `aux' is a
special file.  Why do you think people have chosen aux/ as
AC_CONFIG_AUXDIR...  IIRC, it's even mentioned [1] in the Goat book!

[1] It is mentioned that ``do not use aux/''.