Re: Autoconf 2.52b released

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Autoconf 2.52b released
Date: 09 Aug 2001 11:40:06 +0200

>>>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Corsepius <address@hidden> writes:

Ralf> Though I agree that it would be desirable to let autoconf do
Ralf> this cleanup, I fail to see how autoconf could do this job.

I thought several times about the fact that some clean up targets
should not be handled by the Makefile itself, but by the tool which
created them.

For instance, it is, IMHO, abnormal to see the dedicated code in
Automake to clean up texi2dvi files.  There ought to be a `texi2dvi
--clean-up', or maybe `--list-tmp-files' whatever.  This ensures that
no new file will be missed by old Automake.

Here, we should have something equivalent.

Tom, how does this sound?