Re: Serious breakage in CVS autoconf tree on case-insensitive filesystem

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: Serious breakage in CVS autoconf tree on case-insensitive filesystems
Date: 11 Aug 2001 09:04:28 +0200

Am 09 Aug 2001 10:38:15 +0200 schrieb Akim Demaille:

> | > In fact, I realized that latter on, and changed that, but I suppose
> | > the mere presence of Autoconf (now renamed Autom4te) on the CVS repo
> |

> Ahem...  Err, thanks :)  Is it OK now?
After installation, I see this:

# ls /opt/devel/share/autoconf
autoconf  Autom4te  autoscan  autotest  INSTALL  m4sugar

Some remarks:
1. Why Autom4te and not autom4te?
Unless somebody is going to trademark "Autom4te" ;), I would suggest to
use a consistent naming for the directories to avoid potential problems
with certain kinds of semi case-sensitive filesystems.

2. Why is autotest installed?
AFAIU, this seems like a bug to me.