Re: Learning Autoconf

From: Ryan T. Sammartino
Subject: Re: Learning Autoconf
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:02:42 -0800

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [07/11/2001 12:49]:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 07:49:28PM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it does look useful, but it would be better if it included Autoconf
> > v2.50.
> > I would definitely buy the book if it did.
>
> Let me emphasize it again.
>
> You will not find better material than this book to learn about the
> GNU Build System.

I second that.  I went from zero Autotools knowledge to a Zen master
with this book (well... almost :) ).   It is excellent.  You should buy
it.  No sane person wouldn't pick up "Programming Perl", for example,
just because it doesn't cover all the way up to perl 5.6.1... similarly
with this book.  You will learn enough to be able to do anything, and
the extra "2.5x" stuff you can get from the docs.

--
Ryan T. Sammartino (address@hidden)
http://members.shaw.ca/ryants/

Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable.
                -- Woody Allen, "Annie Hall"