Re: Suspected bug with Autoconf built configures and SunOS 4.1.3_U1

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Suspected bug with Autoconf built configures and SunOS 4.1.3_U1
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 22:33:55 -0700 (PDT)

> From: "Paul Frommeyer" <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:08:43 -0700

> ac_cv_env_CPP_value=
> + test long = long
> + cat
> ./configure: /tmp/sh52940: No such file or directory

I checked Sun's bug database, and apparently the SunOS 4.1.3 /bin/sh
has a bug in this area.  Do you have contract access to the Sun bug
reports at sunsolve.sun.com?  If so, can you please try the test cases
in the following bug reports?  The first bug report is also mentioned
in <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=2hpalp%247ip%40bosnia.pop.psu.edu>.

1123136
/bin/sh uses wrong PID for name of the temporary file created by cat << EOF

1134744
in-line input redirection into awk after exec of stdin and stdout

1170383
"here documents" within "command substitutions" fail much of the time in 4.1.x

The bug is reportedly not present in the SunOS 4.1.1 /bin/sh, or in
the SunOS 4.1.4 /bin/sh.  Do you have access to a copy of a SunOS
4.1.1 /bin/sh (which should run in SunOS 4.1.3), or to some other
shell like pdksh or bash?

> In case that's an oblique request to give one or more of the core autoconf
> devlopment team access to my server, if you're willing to jump through
> the usual hoops of exchanging PGP keys etc. we can probably work something
> out.

Thanks, but let's try to do it remotely.