Re: set owner/group on FreeBSD

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: set owner/group on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 06:48:35 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Akim Demaille <address@hidden>
> Date: 24 Sep 2002 13:45:24 +0200

> As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure we need a tmp dir at all.

In other words, you're suggestiong that we should remove AS_TMPDIR and
rewrite lib/autoconf/status.m4 to put its temporaries in the working
directory rather than in /tmp?  That would be fine with me.

As far as I can see, autoconf.texi doesn't say where "configure" puts
temporary files, or what their naming conventions are.  Perhaps this
should be documented?  (I don't offhand know exactly what the naming
conventions are.)