Re: Autoconf on new platforms

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Autoconf on new platforms
Date: 19 Jul 2003 00:38:36 -0700

Dan Kalowsky <address@hidden> writes:

> The capability idea being that no application can perform a task without
> specifically being granted that capability, as defined within a series of
> maps (we call it a volmap).  For GCC (slightly hacked) to build a binary
> and execute it (as per many of the resulting autoconf tests do) will
> require a user to specifically grant an end configure script a write and
> execute capability.

The easiest way for you to get this to work, is to tell users to
create a POSIX-like environment where programs can create executables
in the traditional way.  I suppose you could port Autoconf to the
non-POSIX environment you're talking about, but it'd be some work
and I don't know of anybody else who's done anything else like that.