Re: [autoconf] Autoconf on new platforms

From: Rüdiger Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [autoconf] Autoconf on new platforms
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:48:34 +0200

>--[Paul Eggert]--<address@hidden>
> Dan Kalowsky <address@hidden> writes:

> > - there is no native shell environment yet, so everything needs to use
> >   cross build tools.  Besides setting the CC flag, is there some way to
> >   automate this?
> Setting CC etc. is the usual way.

Am I missing something? I always thought ./configure --host=<system-triplet>
would be the right way because then it will then find all parts of the
toolchain for the host instead of for the build system. It requires a patched
config.sub/config.guess though.

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.