Re: Problem with tests for GSL

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: Problem with tests for GSL
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:09:45 +0100 (CET)

Sorry, I forgot one thing.

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Keith Marshall wrote:

> Appendix C of the GSL Reference Manual explains, in simple language, how
> to use GSL with Autoconf.  I have the printed edition, so I'm not going
> to give you an RTFM reference; try looking in the info manual which came
> with GSL itself, google it, or buy it from your national Amazon site.

I may actually have looked at this and I will check or double-check all
the references I've been given.  However, I think the problem was that the
location of the library is not in the "system search path", which is why I
need the options I mentioned in my original posting.  I'm not the system
administrator on this machine and I can't do anything about changing this.
I haven't found any way of passing this information to Autoconf so it can
use these options when testing for the presence of the library and I
didn't find any discussion of this problem in the places I looked
before.

I'll try the suggestions I've been given before posting again.

Thanks.

Laurence