Re: Problem with tests for GSL

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Problem with tests for GSL
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:16:41 +0100

Hello Laurence,

* Laurence Finston wrote on Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 05:53:27PM CET:

> However, I would still be interested to know if there's a way of passing
> specific options to the C or C++ compiler when `configure' runs its
> tests without having to go deeply into the guts of Autoconf.

Typically this is done by saving and modifying variables such as
LDFLAGS, LIBS, CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, before respective tests
and restoring them afterwards if need be.  The Autoconf manual documents
which variables are used for which type of tests:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/Preset-Output-Variables.html>